Overdrive is an Active Gift in Code Vein. Gifts are acquired from obtaining different Blood Codes and by using the Mistle to Acquire/Inherit them; a certain amount of Haze is needed to unlock your preferred Gift and have required stats in order to equip these. Through Gifts, players may perform unique actions such as buffing and healing themselves and their Companions, debuffing Enemies or dealing direct damage to enemies.
- Increases your and your companion's attack damage by 25% for 90 seconds. The effect ends immediately when you take damage.
- Ichor Cost: 5
- Cooldown: 10sec.
- Attack Type: n/a
- Non-Physical: n/a
- To max out its proficiency, players need to:
- Kill enemies while equipping this gift or;
- Use 460 Haze and 5 Awake MJ109 at a Mistle.
- This gift can be found in the Assassin Blood Code.
- 920 Haze is required to acquire this gift.
Builds that use Overdrive
- Applies to regular weapon attacks, attacks that consume ichor, drain attacks (all of them), skill-type gifts, but not light/dark type gifts.
- Stacks with other players' Overdrive.
- The effect only ends prematurely when the players take damage that makes them lose health. This means that if the player recieves a hit but losses no HP, this effect does not get cancelled. This can be achieved with weapons that have 100 defenses on block, or massively stacking elemental resistances against certain enemies.
- Fire damage coming from the floor in City of the Falling Flame does not cancel this gift. Fire Walls do cancel it, however.