Steady Bulwark is an Active Gift in Code Vein. Steady Bulwark is a gift found in the Hermes Blood Code. Through Gifts, players may perform unique actions such as buffing and healing themselves and their Companions, debuffing Enemies or dealing direct damage to enemies.
Steady Bulwark Information
- Increases weapon defense against physical attacks by 20% for 90 seconds.
- Ichor Cost: 5
- Cooldown: 15sec.
- Attack Type: N/A
- Non-Physical: N/A
- To max out its proficiency, players need to:
- Kill enemies while equipping this gift or;
- Use 3200 Haze and 5 Awake MJ212 at a Mistle.
Steady Bulwark Acquisition
- This gift can be found in the Hermes Blood Code.
- 6400 Haze is required to inherit this gift.
Steady Bulwark Notes
- This gift increases Weapon Defense stats for it's duration by 20%. Be wary of running out of it's time when blocking.
- The optimal "gain" of stats using this gift would be in a range of 83-85% base weapon defense across the board, as it would allow you to gain enough weapon defense to completely block damage without wasting stats.
- If planning to use this gift, Atlas and Prometheus (Fortification and Alleviation) transformations can tweak your weapon defense stats. Just be aware of the inherent stat changes that come with them.
- Is more useful on boss fights, as it's duration is long enough (for it's cost) to regain any lost Ichor, and can help you reach 100% damage reduction on block
- It's effects are similar and stack with Guard Booster (but Guard Booster boosts stamina reduction too), leading to a 30% weapon defense increase when stacked together.