Guard Reversal is an Active Gift in Code Vein. Guard Reversal is a gift found in the Atlas Blood Code. Through Gifts, players may perform unique actions such as buffing and healing themselves and their Companions, debuffing Enemies or dealing direct damage to enemies.
Guard Reversal Information
- Enables you to deflect attacks and stagger opponents after guarding for 10 seconds.
- Ichor Cost: 4
- Cooldown: 2 sec
- Attack Type:
- To max out its proficiency, players need to:
- Kill enemies while equipping this gift or;
- Use 3200 Haze and 5 Awake MJ212 at a Mistle.
Guard Reversal Acquisition
- This gift can be found in the Atlas Blood Code.
- Acquired Atlas Vestige I, repaired with Atlas Vestige Part A and Atlas Vestige Part B
Builds that use Guard Reversal
Guard Reversal Notes
- Gifts are acquired from obtaining different Blood Codes and by using the Mistle to Acquire/Inherit Gifts.
- A certain amount of Haze is needed to unlock your preferred Gift and have required stats in order to equip these.
- This gift has many downsides, making it very situational at best: It has very short duration and slow cast speed (making it unsuitable to cast in a heated battle), costs 4 ichor, requieres a B on vitality (which most codes don't innately have), you need to block with a weapon for it to take effect, and even then the stagger is too short to be abused properly. The final nail in the coffin is that even Gift extension doesn't make it any better since the time increase is too small to be worth it.
- However, this gift works even on bosses (who commonly have transitions to phase 2 that last for a while), and most importantly, using it timely can interrupt combos, shaving off potential damage and/or stamina loss on repeated blocks.