Stats in Code Vein refers to the numerical values that define the strengths and capabilities of the player character. Stats are determined by your Blood Code and Level, and special Blood Veils and Weapons have bonuses for each core stat.
Code Vein Stats
- Level: Your Character Level. Determines a flat increase to all your base stats.
- Blood Code: Blood Codes can be changed at any time, and your stats will differ depending on which Blood Code you have equipped. To change your Blood Code, select the current equipped code on the menus screen, then choose from the Blood Codes in your possession. You can also check how each one will change your stats.
- HP: Each hit you take reduces your HP. If your gauge reaches 0, you will disperse. You can Restore HP via Regeneration
- Stamina: Each Action you take consumes stamina. If your gauge reaches 0, you cannot perform any actions. Your stamina will recover over time.
- Focus: You gain focus by dodging enemy attacks or by taking damage. Once your gauge fills, your stamina is replenished and you enter a focused state.
- Ichor: Using Active gifts consumes ichor, with more powerful gifts consuming greater amounts of Ichor. Ichor is recovered whenever you strike an enemy with your weapon or block an enemy's attack. Passive gifts are active even when you are out of Ichor.
- Stat Scaling: Indicates the degree to which your stats affect and scale with your equipment. The higher the degree, the greater the scaling.
- Base Mobility: Indicates your mobility when dodging attacks. Your mobility can be either Quick, Normal or Slow based on your total weight, and will change your dodge animation.
- STR Strength: Affects Physical attack and HP. Further enhances physical attack when you equip a weapon or blood veil with high stat scaling.
- DEX Dexterity: Affects physical attack and Drain rating. Further enhances physical attack when you equip a weapon or blood veil with high stat scaling.
- MND Mind: Affects stamina, drain speed, and light gifts.
- WIL Willpower: Affects elemental resistance and dark gifts. Further enhances dark gifts when you equip a weapon or blood veil with high stat scaling.
- VIT Vitality: Affects HP and physical damage reduction. Further enhances physical reduction when you equip a weapon or blood veil with high stat scaling.
- FOR Fortitude: Affects stamina and elemental resistance. Further enhances elemental resistance when you equip a weapon or blood veil with high stat scaling.
- Weapon Attack
- Weapon Defense
- Weapon Mobility
- Weapon Weight
- Gift (Light)
- Gift (Dark)
- Drain Attack: A large amount of ichor can be recovered at once by landing a drain attack on an enemy. Increasing your max ichor will allow you to use gifts that consume more Ichor and use gifts multiple times in a row. Draining can be performed multiple ways: "Hold A: Charged Drain" "RB+A (after any attack): Combo Drain" "X behind an enemy: Back Attack"
- Venom Resistance
- Stun Resistance
- Inhibit Resistance
- Slow Resistance
- Leak Resistance
- Slash Damage Reduction Percent
- Crush Damage Reduction Percent
- Pierce Damage Reduction Percent
- Blood Resistance
- Fire Resistance
- Ice Resistance
- Lightning Resistance