Blow of Madness is an Active Gift in Code Vein. Gifts are acquired from obtaining different Blood Codes and by using the Mistle to Acquire/Inherit them; a certain amount of Haze is needed to unlock your preferred Gift and have required stats in order to equip these.Through Gifts, players may perform unique actions such as buffing and healing themselves and their Companions, debuffing Enemies or dealing direct damage to enemies.
Blow of Madness Information
- Increases the damage of your next weapon attack by a fixed amount. This is reflected in the stat screen as a 400 damage increase.
- Does affect weapon attacks that use ichor like bayonet shots and skill type gifts.
- Ichor Cost: 5
- Cooldown: 15 sec.
- Attack Type: N/A
- Non-Physical: N/A
- To max out its proficiency, players can:
Blow of Madness Acquisition
- Default Gift acquired from the Berserker Blood Code.
Builds that use Blow of Madness
Blow of Madness Notes
- Only affects the first hit of multi-hit combos or skill type gifts.
- The damage increase will be consumed even if the attack does not hit an enemy.
- The boost in damage can vary depending on the attack (eg: Normal vs Charged, etc), and thus the actual damage gained by this gift depends on the next type of attack used. In general, Charged attacks get a better damage boost out of it.
- Has no effect on drain attacks, nor on light/dark type direct damage gifts and will not be consumed when casting them.
- Surpassed by Flashing Fang later in the game. You can still cast both of them.
- Once casted, it lasts indefinitely until a weapon attack is used (or you rest at a mistle/die).