New Game Plus for Code Vein contains information regarding the following assets that can be brought into playing another playthrough after finishing the game for the first time. Players will see some differences with the initial playthrough, and get to carry over certain progress.
New Game Plus for Code Vein
How to Unlock New Game +
- Complete the final boss battle.
- Proceed through the large door beyond the Mistle at Home Base
What changes in New Game +
- You can choose to Enhance difficulty, increasing damage and health of enemies, or replay the game at its base difficulty.
- Enhanced enemies will give more Haze.
- All items and chests will respawn.
What carries over to New Game +
- Retain current level and items
- Retain current Blood Codes, Gifts, and trade points with home base NPCs
- Retains map clearance (rotten Mistles remain purified, normal Mistles need to be activated)
- Retains acquired companions.
What doesn't carry over to New Game +
- Chemical lights and blood markers will be removed.
- Mistles and doors locations won't show on map until re-explored.
- Doors/ladders/elevators will reset to their original state.
- Key items get removed and will need to be found again.
- NPC quests will reset
- Store Inventories Reset (Weapons/Armor will still unlock automatically if present in your inventory, depending on progress in game.)
- Depths progression resets (maps need to be found again and keys for the boss door found again)
- Vestiges disappear (You will need to find them again if you wish to restore the Successors)