Venom Mage v1.0 by Overtalker
- Darkseeker: Obtained by picking up the Darkseeker Vestige Core, available after the cutscene following the boss of the Dried-up Trenches
- Suicide Spur w/ Fortification: Can be found inside a chest in the Crown Of Sand area. (+7 upgraded) (Alleviation was shown in the photo cause I forgot to change it.)
- Iceblood w/ Devour: Dropped by Blade Bearer and Cannoneer Boss.
|Gift Name||Blood Code / RV||Gift / Skill Type||Gift / Skill Description|
|Venomous Shot||Darkseeker||Dark||Fires a projectile at your target that inflicts venom|
|Jupiter's Blade||RV Mastery (108)||Dark||Uses ichor to create a blade of lighting and swing it in an arc through foes.|
|Blood Shot||Caster||Dark||Fire a large projectile at an enemy using ichor.|
|Circulating Pulse||Queenslayer||Skill||Perform five slashes in quick succession.|
|Blood Sacrifice||Hunter||Dark||Spends your own HP to gain Ichor.|
|Gift Extension||Astrea||Light||Temporarily lengthens the effects of gifts used by you and your partner.|
|Venom Mark||Ranger||Dark||Temporarily imbues your equipped weapon with the venom effect.|
|Gift Prowess||Harmonia||Dark||Temporarily increases gift speed for you and your partner.|
|Passive Name||Blood Code / RV||Passive Type||Passive Description|
|Swift Destruction||Hephaestus||Light||Increases damage dealt in proportion to your mobility.|
|Dexterity / Willpower Up||Artemis||Light||Increases dexterity and willpower.|
|Blood-Draining Venom||Darkseeker||Dark||Receive ichor when enemies within a certain radius take damage from the venom.|
|Debuff Build-Up||RV Mastery (111)||Dark||Increases debuff build-up against foes.|
What is Venom Mage?
Venom Mage is build built around the Darkseeker Blood Code and its Code-Specific passive 'Blood-Draining Venom' to provide a good amount of ichor to an otherwise fairly simple dark gift caster build with the other spells chosen because of their ichor efficiency and cast speed as the build needs the weave in melee attacks and venomous shot to keep venom applied to the enemy.
While Darkseeker's stats are fairly below par compared to other caster codes, Darkseeker seems to be more jack-of-all-trades code being able to implement different builds and playstyles into the code with this build just focussing on dark gifts. We use Darkseeker on this build because of its code specific passive called Blood-Draining Venom. This passive gives us about 0.6 ichor per tick of venom damage with this build which over time adds up to a lot of ichor over a boss fight and reduces our usage of Blood Sacrifice keeping us at a safer amount of health.
Weapon And Veil Choice:
Our choice of weapon is Iceblood with a Devour transformation applied. We use Iceblood as while it isn't the best weapon to gain ichor from attacking with, it is light enough to give us quick mobility with the Spur veil which is important for the Swift Destruction passive.
A Spur veil is used as it gives us a high willpower gift number and an A scaling in willpower. These are needed badly by this build as it doesn't have enough free passive slots to reach the high willpower scalings that normal caster builds can, coming out with around 150 less dark gift stat than normal casters which would be even less with a different veil.
Explanation Of Passives:
Here's is why we use the passives we use:
- Swift Destruction - We use this because when we have quick mobility it gives us a 20% damage increase to everything but our poison.
- Dexterity / Willpower Up - Due to the lack of damage boosting passives for casters this is probably the best option for damage however this passive isn't needed for the build to work so feel free to mix this one around.
- Blood-Draining Venom - This is key to the build working and why we even use Darkseeker in the first place. The extra Ichor through the fight will allow us to cast more spells without having to use Blood Sacrifice as often.
- Debuff Build-up - Another key skill to the build. While it isn't an absolute must it greatly increases how quickly we can apply venom to a boss or mob.
Explanation Of Gifts:
Here is why we use the gifts we use:
- Venomous Shot: We use this to aid in applying venom to a target at range. It also deals a decent amount of damage for its ichor cost sho should be used whenever it's available in a boss fight.
- Jupiter's Blade: The blade skills for caster in general deal good damage and have a low cooldown with a not too high ichor cost. Any of the blade skills can be used and Jupiter's Blade is just my preferred choice.
- Blood Shot: Ok yes this skill is one of the first you learn and not very exciting however it shouldn't be underestimated. It has a quick cast time, low ichor cost and good damage for the amount of ichor it costs. This combination means it can be weaved into your Jupiter's Blades and Venomous Shots very nicely.
- Circulating Pulse: This skill is here purely to apply venom in a fight quickly. It shouldn't be used after this as our melee damage is terrible.
- Blood Sacrifice: This skill is used to apply buffs before a boss fight and rarely during the fight as Blood Draining Venom alone isn't enough to let us keep casting spells infinitely but greatly helps.
- Gift Extension: Pretty simple, lets us keep our buffs up for the majority of a fight.
- Venom Mark: Lets us apply venom quicker.
- Gift Prowess: Lets us cast our already quick casting spells even quicker.
Gift Extension > Blood Sacrifice > Regeneration > Gift Prowess > Blood Sacrifice > Regeneration > Venom Mark > Blood Sacrifice > Regeneration
Yes, I know this build won't kill as quickly as a Queenslayer or kill as fast as a pure caster build. This build was made to make a viable venom centred build and I feel it does that well.
Build In Action: