Old-world Materials is an Item in Code Vein. Items are used for a variety of purposes, such as consumable buffs, key items, and as upgrade materials. Items can be looted from Enemies and/or Bosses, chests, given by NPCs, and are sold by Merchants.
Old-world Materials Usage
- Categorized as currency for trading items with Merchants.
- Can be exchanged at Shang for Fragrant Tea, Local Pennant, Flower Seeds, Antique LP Record, Custom Gun Parts, Protein Power, Chocolate Garlic Flakes , Well-worn tool or Blood Bead Candy.. After delivering precious materials his store expands to include Yellowed Book Boutique Sake, Antique Coin, Retro Game, Powerful Spices, Bottled Jam, Stuffed Toy and Pungent Cheese. And after saving him from an Invasion his store will expand again to include Aged Brandy, Board Game, Chocolate, Fancy Cologne, Classic Camera, 35mm Reel, Undamaged Paint Set, Spotless Instrument.
Old-world Materials Locations
You may find Old-world Materials in the following Locations:
- Occasionally dropped by enemies and scattered in random locations.
- Depths: Town of Sacrifice
- Ruined City Center: In the area named by the walkthrough named City Ruins Entrance, you'll reach an open field and the entrance of what seems to be a parking lot. Make your way inside the parking lot, there's 2x Shield-wielding Lost laying on the ground. They will get up once you're near them or you can take advantage and use a hammer to hit them while they're laying on the ground, you can easily get rid of at least one of them if you do this - these enemies may drop at least 1x Old-World Materials upon death.
- Dried-up Trenches: In the part of the walkthrough named The dried-up trenches, there will be an encounter where spiked lost will climb up from the edge when you pick up the item, kill it to obtain Haze and 1x Old-world Materials then continue your exploration.
- Depths: Den of Darkness: In the part of the walkthrough named Into the Den of Darkness, after the trial of blood you'll encounter you'll find 1x Sword-Wielding Executioner Type Lost and 1x Axe-wielding Lost. Kill the enemies and you'll find 1x Drain Activator and 1x Old-world Materials that are dropped by the enemies.
- Depths: Zero District: In the part of the walkthrough named Path with Red Lamps, Once you've returned to the entrance Mistle, rest then take the path where you see red lamps. About midway, you'll encounter an Axe-wielding Lost to your left, kill it for a chance to acquire 1x Old-world Materials.
Notes and Tips
- When exchanging with Shang best options are:
*Tomato Oden Sandwich will give 5 points with Louis, Eva Roux, Coco and Io.
*Aromatic Herbs will give 5 points with Mia Karnstein and CoCo.
*Bugarally Doll will give 5 points with Yakumo, Jack Rutherford, Rin Murasame and Davis
*Blood Bead Candy will give 3 points with anyone you give it to.
- Notes 2