Frozen Empress is a Boss in Code Vein. Bosses are special Enemies that feature their own arena, a large and prominent health bar, and a variety of unique moves and abilities. You will need to choose the appropriate Blood Code, Gifts, Weapons, Blood Veil, and Companion in order to defeat these formidable foes.
Frozen Empress Location
- Frozen Empress DLC (Depths: Celestial Ice Prison) - In order to get this Depths Map, you must have the Frozen Empress DLC, and you must have defeated Juzo Mido. The map can be found under the stairs just past the room you fight him in.
- This boss is optional
Frozen Empress Rewards
- See Frozen Empress page for the full list.
Frozen Empress Notes & Tips
- Two ice crystals constantly float around her, occasionally upgrading and providing help to the boss:
- RED CRYSTAL: first upgrade: increases the Empress' defense; second upgrade: enhances the Empress' physical damage with ice; third upgrade: surrounds the Empress with a blizzard field that deals constant ice damage to everyone inside it.
- BLUE CRYSTAL: first upgrade: generates static ice pillars around the map which deal contact damage; second upgrade: the ice pillars now frequently shoot icycles to you if you are close enough; third upgrade: the ice pillars now frequently generate ice blasts around them if you are close enough.
- If both crystals are fully upgraded, the Empress will temporarily empower them, causing them to teleport around the map and shoot huge ice beams.
- Damaging a crystal until it turns off will nullify any of its upgrades, temporarily disabling them and making them return to "level 0".
- The Dancing Fireblade gift found in the Hellfire Knight DLC's Surt Blood Code comes in very handy for this fight; not only does it shred the Empress' health, it is also quite likely to hit and disable her crystals. As an added bonus, it makes it much easier to accomplish the attack combo trials.
Frozen Empress Strategies
A strategy writeup for this boss will be added for the game's release.
If you defeat the boss you will see the writing "Grim Menace Obliterated" upon the screen.
Frozen Empress Lore
Appears to be a Marduk Aragami from the God Eater series, albeit with a somewhat different fighting style.
Lore notes, information on folklore, etc go here
Lore theories should be clearly marked as such.