Boreal Brute is a enemy in Code Vein.
Boreal Brute Enemy Description
- They are covered in fur and possess white claws. They are very agile and aggressive. Tend to "roll" (flip) a lot while moving.
Boreal Brute Moveset Information
- It can roll towards the player and perform a three hit combo. The last hit is an overhead smash with a small AoE. This can be followed up with the ice AoE attack
- It can roll forward very fast dealing damage to the player. This attack is telegraphed by a roaring animation while extending it's arms to the sides. Usually done when the player is out of it's range.
- It can raise both hands up and strike the ground making an ice AoE attack. Can perform this either after it's three attack combo, or as a standalone move.
- Can generate a large icicle from the ground and then throw it at the player. When it lodges into the ground, it explodes.
- At 70% HP or less, it can coat itself in ice (like an armor) in the form of a buff, gaining extreme defenses and attack power. He can do this anytime, and can recast it if the player breaks it.
Boreal Brute Location
Boreal Brute Drops
- Queen Steel
- Immune to Stun, Inhibit and Slow. Can be poisoned.
- This enemy is 10% resistant to thrust and slash, and 33% resistant to crush.
- When buffed, this becomes 75% resist to thrust and slash, and 65% resist to crush
- Has a Blood Resistance of 10%, Flame Resistance of -20%, Ice Resistance of 70% and a Lighting Resistance of -10%
- Aditionally, only Fire Damage (either from offensive gifts, or from weapons dealing fire damage) can break their Ice Gift buff. This requieres, in average, 5 hits of fire damage to break it.
- All of it's damage is counted as Ice Damage, even the spin attack.
- Can be backstabbed. Can be very difficult to perform, as it is constantly moving around.
- When it's buffed, it becomes completely immune to launching drain attacks. This staggers them, however.
Boreal Brute Comprehensive Guide
- Fire damage is your best friend. Flame Cartridges can, albeit very briefly, help if you don't have the Flame Weapon gift, to break their ice armor. Fire Transformed weapons can help too, if the player has any.
- In general, you can approach this enemy in two ways at direct combat: Tanking or Stunlocking. Tanking works best when solo, and stunlocking works best at co-op either with Players or Partners (or both).
- For tanking, you want to muster all the ice resist you can have; all of it's attacks count as ice damage. As such, stacking ice resistance through gifts, blood veils and Items can greatly increase your chances of victory. Thus use Ice Armor (and if you have it from late game, Elementall Wall) and Antifreeze Tonic. For Blood Veil, a Fionn (Ice) Transformed Winter Mantle works best, as it provides the highest ice resist of all the blood veils. If done correctly, the Brute can deal as much as zero damage while hitting you. This won't make you impervious to stagger however, and his spin attack can still damage you (although greatly reduced). Abuse of launched drains while focused is highly recommended.
- For stunlocking, you will (optimally) want a partner (Io and Louis work well for this) and a fast attacking moveset. Ideally, you will have numeric advantage over the Brute, so you can fully concentrate on it. Normal or Quick mobility is highly recommended. The idea is to relentlessly attack on openings and stagger him until he dies. Gifts such as Precision or/and Impact Wave, as well as damage boost gifts greatly helps to speed up this process. This can be performed either by baiting his spin attack and dodging forward, or trick him into hitting the air. Backstabs will also offer you a good window of damage while they are getting up. Be wary of their AoE slam, as the range is huge and can reach even beyond their backs.
- As a last resort, the player can use Venom and make time until it dies. However, this can become a slow process, as their venom resistance is higher than average, and they always attack mercilessly. Venom Mark + Hermes (Venom) Transformed weapon is recommended.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!